Tobii Sono Key
by Tobii Technology AB
Intuitive and coherent acccess to all functions of your AAC device
Spectronics no longer supplies the technologies from Tobii including the Tobii Sono Key. These are now available for purchase across Australia and New Zealand from Link-AT. For more details, please contact Bas Tijdhof, Managing Director of Link-AT in Adelaide on email@example.com. Of course, all customers who have previously purchased Tobii technologies from Spectronics will, as always, be supported for the life of the product. We are here to support you on should you need assistance.
Easy access to your device
Sono Key is a user interface for Tobii Communicator 4 that provides streamlined, comprehensive and easy access to your communication device.
It is designed to get literate users up and running quickly and provides complete access to all of the functionality inside your computer and communication device. The intuitive, yet powerful design allows for a wide range of input methods, giving anyone the chance to use modern information technology to enrich their lives.
Control speech and other functions
With Sono Key you can create your own speech-synthesised messages as well as store and print documents. You can also control other key computer functions like calendars, e-mail, chat, SMS (text messaging), media players, photo libraries and Windows controls.
- Text-to-speech – type and let your computer speak for you
- Manage text – open and save documents or send them to a printer
- Quick phrases – store as many premade sentences as you want, sort them into groups, and communicate faster
- E-mail control – send and receive e-mail with the support of synthetic speech
- Instant messaging – easily chat with friends and family
- Calendar functionality – browse your calendar, add appointments, and create alerts for important events
- Windows onscreen keyboard – gives extended functionality and easy access for web browsing
- Quick Talk – speak without having to change applications
- Music Player – listen to your favourite music whenever you want
- Photo Browser – view photos and create your own slideshows
- Calculator – math made easy
- Mobile phone functionality – send and receive SMS messages and make regular phone calls. Volume control – quickly increase or decrease volume
- Environmental control – program environmental control functions for TV, lights, the household and more
- Alerts – program attention grabbing alert sounds on your computer
- Screen functions – easily open, close, enlarge or reduce the size of applications
- Oversized buttons – large and easy to access buttons
Customisable in many ways
Personalising input methods is accomplished in a few seconds and you can even choose from several different keyboard layouts including, abc, QWERTY and keyboards optimised for eye control.
Sono Key offers a variety of selection methods including, direct selection by click or touch, selection with adjusted dwell time, scanning and even eye control.
All settings can easily be adjusted with no programming required.
Videos about Tobii Sono Suite
- Tobii (VS) Communicator 4 Premium version 4.2 or higher
View / Download
Tobii Sono Key is targeted at the following age ranges:
- Mid Primary
- Upper Primary
- Secondary School
Tobii Sono Key is designed to foster development in the areas of:
- Use of assistive technology
- Access to computers
- Computer Access
Users can access Tobii Sono Key in the following ways:
- Mouse/ Trackball/ Joystick
- Single Switch
- Multiple Switches
- Tracker Pro (USB)
- Eye Gaze
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and technical support visit: