Tobii Sono Scribe
by Tobii Technology AB
Accurate and accelerated text-based communication for Tobii (VS) Communicator 4
Spectronics no longer supplies the technologies from Tobii including the Tobii Sono Scribe. These are now available for purchase across Australia and New Zealand from Link-AT. For more details, please contact Bas Tijdhof, Managing Director of Link-AT in Adelaide on firstname.lastname@example.org. Of course, all customers who have previously purchased Tobii technologies from Spectronics will, as always, be supported for the life of the product. We are here to support you on should you need assistance.
Freedom of expression
For communication to be effective, AAC devices need to be quick, effortless and natural to the user. Many literate users prefer to type, as they have the freedom to express themselves in their own way, without having to learn new encoding systems. However, natural communication requires a quick output rate, even if the user’s input method might be slow.
Sono Scribe is an add-on for Tobii Communicator 4 Premium that enhances typing speeds through the use of word and next word prediction as well as smart phrasing. The prediction tool is highly efficient thanks to the way it quickly categorises and sorts the frequency of items.
An extensive library of over 1,300 words and phrases offers both frequency-based core vocabulary and the most often used phrases in U.S. English, helping users avoid motor fatigue and speeding up communication.
Without any programming skills AAC users can personalise their communication tool and adapt it to their own writing and talking style.
Quick, customisable and effective
- Access to 1,300 of the most frequently used words in spoken U.S. English
- Alphabetised, colour-coded vocabulary and visual anchors for ease in locating vocabulary
- Access via topical/grammatical word-prediction dictionaries to over 18,000 high frequency words, plus standard dictionaries of 5,000 to 50,000 words using onscreen keyboards
- “Next Word” prediction based on each communicator’s individual writing style
- “Smart” phrase prediction for faster communication with access to over 600 ready-made, user customisable phrases derived from usage research
- Quick access to verb tenses, common word endings, and more
- Ability for users to add family and friends’ names, favourite places, personal phrases, and more.
- Spelling via user-switchable QWERTY, Alphabetical, and Frequency of Use keyboards
- Designed for all access methods, including eye control
Communication in all its forms
“Communication” means much more than just face-to-face communication. Tobii Sono Scribe maximises the functionality of Tobii Communicator Premium and provides:
- Keyboard and mouse emulation access to all computer software and functions like, instant messaging, the Internet and e-mail
- Ability to compose e-mail using the communication pages or a keyboard and to have e-mail messages read back
- Onscreen keyboards for access to common computer software applications
- Use of all functions without ever having to leave Sono Scribe
Videos about Tobii Sono Suite
- Tobii Communicator version 4.3 Premium or higher
View / Download
Tobii Sono Scribe is targeted at the following age ranges:
- Mid Primary
- Upper Primary
- Secondary School
Tobii Sono Scribe is designed to foster development in the areas of:
- Use of assistive technology
- Access to computers
Users can access Tobii Sono Scribe in the following ways:
- Mouse/ Trackball/ Joystick
- Single Switch
- Multiple Switches
- Tracker Pro (USB)
- Eye Gaze
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and technical support visit: